Sunday 15 April 2018

cover kits, cards, coasters and scrapbooking

This week the latest issue (242) of Cross Stitch Crazy is out and I`ve got several projects in this mag - technically, two, but one of them is 7 cards, so... Anyway, first up is the cover kit:


This Emma Congdon design has been turned into a funky wee hanging on green felt - I love the cute little dowel rod they put in the kit! 😃


Also in this issue, there are Fiona Baker`s 7 applique cards with the lovely butterflies... most of which you can`t see in this pic...


...but they all make sense once the wing-shaped pieces of fabric are added:



In other news, we had a great Easter. My mom came to stay with us for the school break so we did some "going to places & seeing things" again - and not only that but we actually managed to put all our postcards, tickets, etc. in the frame that`s been waiting patiently since Christmas, so now we have a permanent "scrapbook on display". 😊

A lovely reminder of our trips to York, Rogie Falls, Balmoral, Blair Castle, Kenmore, Queen`s View, Oban, Mull, Iona, Dunnotar Castle,
the Discovery in Dundee, Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, Falkirk, Stirling and Glasgow

The day my mom flew back to Hungary was my gran`s birthday, so I made a card and a coaster for her that mom took home and since gran already received them, I can share their photos here. Hope you all had a great Spring break too, happy stitching!





4 comments:

  1. Those design in Crazy are gorgeous! Unfortunately the magazine is very hard to track down here....although my credit card is probably quite happy about that! :)
    Your 'scrapbook on display' looks great....and you visited so many great places - Dunnotar castle being one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dunnotar Castle too, been several times now but hubby doesn`t like it for some strange reason, he just calls it "the place where you almost killed me" which is so unfair, simply because I asked him to grab the other side of the buggy and we carried it (and our toddler son strapped in it) those few hundred steps down from the parking place and up to the castle... sometimes he makes me wonder *shakes head* 😂

      Delete