Wednesday 28 March 2018

Cross Stitcher 330

Yesterday I bought the latest issue of Cross Stitcher (the first thing to go into my trolley, this purchase was the highlight of my food shopping trip). Not that I`m obsessed with cross stitching. 😂


It turns out I have 1,5 projects in this magazine (I didn`t stitch the notebook cover). However, the two floral banners on the spines of the folders are mine:





Usually, the paperwork accompanying magazine commissions contains every detail - from the fabric count to the number of colours used - but for some reason, Cross Stitcher never puts the designer`s name on the form. Actually, I quite like it though: I enjoy guessing by the style of the chart and then get a thrill when I see the name in the magazine. So it seems, this month I got the Emma Congdon Special: both the stationery set and the globe on the cover are her designs.
I loved, loved, loved working on that globe! Emma Congdon is already in my good books because of her hardly ever using backstitch on those nice big blocks of colour where you can just let your needle fly, and I also like her signature lettering that is present on this adventurer`s globe too. The grass and flowers make the foreground quite busy so it`s worth taking some time marking the chart, methinks - it saves time in the long run. So that`s it for the now - hope y`all have a very happy Easter with lots of chocolate eggs and stitching (not necessarily at the same time) 😉

8 hours
 
20 hours

30 hours

44 hours




2 comments:

  1. I love Emma Congdon's designs an those two are gorgeous! I think I might have to track down this issue of Cross Stitcher as that globe design is wonderful (of course, my to-stitch list is already a mile long!) Wonderful stitching Laura (as always!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhona, I loved stitching it as I have a soft spot for globes and old maps, both in cross stitch and jigsaw puzzles 😊

      Delete