Tuesday 27 February 2018

Art Deco ladies

Issue 266 of The World of Cross Stitching is out now and in it is a picture of two ladies strolling in a park, resplendent in their Art Deco elegance. The original artwork is by Claire Coxon and I thoroughly enjoyed stitching this project - it didn`t take long to finish and yet it has an impact, wouldn`t you say? It was fun working on the aida and although there`s quite a lot of fiddly backstitch detail, the whole design was small enough so that I could finish adding these details before they drove me up the wall 😂 I only have a few progress pics for this smallish project, hope you`ll enjoy seeing them and happy stitching! 😊

8 hours

10 hours

19 hours - love the ghost legs in this one! 😄

32 hours - finished 😊

And nicely framed in the magazine 😍

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design. I'm always amazed at how quickly you manage to stitch these designs - this would have taken me months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you, Rhona - when I started the BS on those fronds on the blue coat, there was a moment when I too thought I`d be doing this for months! 😂

      Delete