Tuesday 11 August 2015

freebies - Cross Stitcher 295 and 296

Nothing like going from one extreme to the other to make you appreciate both even more, right? In between BAPs, HAEDs and oversized samplers, I`ve done a few wee breathers in recent months - hanging my head in shame, I confess I kinda forgot about these minis, but today I accidentally spotted the cupcake in the current issue of Cross Stitcher, and as I was admiring the finished card, I also realised that the wee birdie keyring, advertised from the coming issue, is mine too!
In case you haven`t seen Cross Stitcher 295 yet, this is the stunning card I`m talking about - however, in order to really appreciate it (extremes again!), first you have to see my dodgy photo... which, apparently, I took after midnight, by candlelight, against the appealing backdrop of my threadbare tartan blanket:
Would you believe that this is the same cupcake? What miracles a clever crafter`s finish and good photography skills can make, eh?
I love the little doily around it! :) And I also love the finish on the keyring - the back of it is also stitched with a reverse image of the bird and the cage, but of this I don`t have my own photo; it spent such a short time in my house that I didn`t even think about taking a pic, I was just concentrating on finishing it between the morning and afternoon school runs, so that I could dash to the PO with it (the editor needed this one back asap). Wanna hear my Mr. Sparks impression? "A challenge? I like it!" ;)
However, I do have a pic of my own project, which I forgot to show you last time: this is where I am on my Twelfth Night cushion, the Countess Olivia has a growing ruff (hmmm. I believe I`ve managed to make that sound a bit kinky). Anyway, here she is, I`m on the 5th page out of 9, and I can`t wait to see her finished! So without Much Ado (see what I did there?), I`ll get back to it - happy stitching, peeps!


4 comments:

  1. Love Olivia! Love the detail, too. The birdcage key ring is also beautiful. As for the cupcake - I just can't shake off this feeling that the whip cream is "grandma's hair style" (the flowers give it that feeling that the hair is pinned with pretty things).
    Forgive my twisted senses. Beautiful stitching, as always!
    Happy stitching. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA, Oompa-Loompa hair! I`ve never noticed before but it does look like one of the Pink Ladies, rofl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely smalls after the epicness of the previous post! I really like the little birdcage.
    Your haughty lady does not look amused by your ruff joke either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks, Jo - yes, she`s still at the haughty stage here, not yet humbled by love... plus, to quote, "`tis not that time of moon with me to make one in so skipping a dialogue", so it might be part PMS, rofl! ;)

      Delete