Wednesday 21 May 2014

surprise post

This post is not only a surprise to those who thought I`d disappeared (it is truly shocking how long I`ve neglected my blog!), but the title also refers to the surprise I got a few minutes ago. I was looking for a Riolis design and while browsing the Sew and So website, I spotted Twilleys on their list. I clicked on it, and sure enough, I came across some familiar pictures! :) I stitched these for Twilleys of Stamford such a long time ago that I can`t even remember where I saved the photos, so I`ll use Sew and So`s links. I worked this poppy wreath sometime last autumn, and this beach sign... oh, it must have been over a year ago now...? Gosh, and as I`m scrolling down the Sew and So page, I`ve just discovered some bookmarks here and here that were also stitched by me - wow, what a strange `reunion`!
That reminds me: this year it`ll be 20 years since we`ve graduated from high school and my old classmates are busy organising the party - for the first weekend in September! :( If everything goes according to plan, we`re going to Hungary in July for a wee holiday, so I`m going to miss this reunion again - such a pity, I`d love to see the old faces after all this time! Ach, well, I just have to wait another 5 years now... ;)
In other news, the reason why I`ve been neglecting my blog is that I`m super-busy with more (!) Christmas stitching - big piccies, cards, you name it. I`ve been humming Jingle Bells since the end of March now but photos, alas, I can`t show you yet - my next project will be in Gold 112*, out around the middle of June. So until then: happy stitching!

* Technically, if you`ve seen issue 111, you`ve probably seen my pic too in next month`s preview, but I`m such a tease, I won`t even tell you it`s the pa... oooops, it almost slipped out! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a pleasant surprise! Now every time I look through "Cross Stitch Gold" I wonder if you have stitched 90% of it. :) Can't help it, this magazine is now permanently linked with you in my mind. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee, 90%! :D Usually there`s one of mine in every issue, except for this current one - hence the big silence here on the blog. Plus because my beautiful blackwork cards, which were supposed to be in this month`s Card Shop, will now appear only in the next issue, out in July. I`m really looking forward to being able to show them, I think they`re gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great :)
    So lovely to hear from you
    Big hugs and smiles x

    ReplyDelete