Wednesday 7 March 2012

We have made it through the Food Festival - actually, it was great fun and somewhat of a success, i.e. we hardly brought anything back home leftover-wise. The past few days I made a total of 6 more baby hats and this key-fob for my Mum... at her special request, may I add before you think there`s something wrong with me (there MIGHT be but that`s beside the point). So anyway, she wanted a cricket for reasons only known to herself, and after raking through about 200 of my magazines plus all the images I could find on the internet that I thought I could turn into a chart by using just a pencil and some graph paper (Ha! How naive I sometimes can be!), I finally settled on this one. If I`m honest, I think the eyes are rather horroristic but my Mum likes it and that`s the main thing!

2 comments:

  1. He looks amazing! Don't know if he looks like a cricket; I'd say he's more of an ant. Congratulations on your own design - success! Exquisite stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I like that: a multi-talented ant that plays the fiddle! I`m still giggling thinking of that one... Thanks, Katya, you`ve made my day!

    ReplyDelete