Thursday 29 March 2012

Stripey, the turtle

I`m beginning to feel a bit guilty about all this knitting... Although I guess I could say - with a generous amount of liberal use of the word - that I`m still using stitches, I just don`t cross them at the moment :) Besides, I could have stopped ages ago; problem is, every time I knit something to take with us on Sunday (as a lot of my friends have children under the age of 5, so I thought fluffy toys would be ideal for not-arriving-empty-handed), but as soon as I finish one, Gregory claims them. Thus "Pandy" has already become a member of OUR household (which, by the way, is moving! I only found out yesterday that we got the house we picked, yay!), so anyway, I made this turtle last night:
Gregory just got up and he instantly declared that it`s his, and after some inner debate regarding names (a toss between Cottontail, Berryhead or Stripey), he decided to choose the latter, after instructing me to make another one for my best friend`s wee boy. So I know what I`ll be doing today: pack boxes for the removal men (the move might happen in my absence, so I want to leave everything in order - so strange to think that I might come back to a different home from Hungary!), and, of course, I`ll be knitting turtle #2 which, hopefully, will indeed end up in my suitcase: unless Stripey suddenly develops an overpowering need for a BFF...

2 comments:

  1. He looks very soft. Congratulations on the move!
    You knit toys - I crochet blankets, and my daughters claim them.
    Have a good trip to Hungary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katya, I can hardly wait to see my family! Hehe, I knitted a blanket for Gregory when I found out I was pregnant with him; then, just a few months ago, I so clumsily washed and dried it that it stretched and is now big enough to cover a kingsize bed! And yes, the turtle is extremely soft, thanks to the timely delivery of the toy stuffing I bought on Ebay: the panda I stuffed with cotton balls, because that`s all I had at home at the time, so it can`t be washed... But I can`t tell you how different it is to work with this proper stuffing, which I only tried now for the first time - as you can tell by the amount I ordered: I thought with 1 kg I can`t go wrong and I got a bag the size of a smaller suitcase! Add this to the fact that the turtle is the size of my fist...

    ReplyDelete