Thursday 5 January 2012

post-Christmas post

Now that the holiday`s over ("aaaw"/"yeay!", depending on my mood), I can finally share some more photos with you that until now were in the hidden vaults of my camera on account of being somebody`s Xmas prezzie. That is, I HOPE I can share them (still not happy with the way Blogger`s working for me at the moment, although I`m beginning to suspect the problem is with MY laptop).
Anyway, here`s a cushion I made for my friend Jo and her family - more exactly, I bought the cushion in ASDA, I only sewed my wee cross stitch on it (when I say wee, I mean not the size but how much actual work was involved which came to next to nothing. Note the big blocks of colours that make up the two dancers - a piece of cake, indeed. If you`d like to have a go at this design yourself, you can find it in Cross Stitcher Issue 211).

Another Christmas present was this blackwork picture of a street in Hythe from Mary Hickmott`s New Stitches magazine (Issue 183), which I absolutely adored and made for my parents - who, incidentally, brought a picture for us from my uncle this year, and since my Mum wrapped all their presents here to save the wrapping paper from getting torn in the suitcase, we exchanged almost identically wrapped pictureframes at Christmas. (For the notoriously curious among you, ours is a holographic/3D-kinda sailing ship, which Gregory absolutely adores. And here`s the one we gave to them:

Finally, here`s another present that Tam and I got but it`s also home-made. Long story short, this year I asked for flannel duvet covers but because of the different pillow sizes in Hungary, my Mum didn`t want to buy whole sets and then throw half of them away, so she bought the material instead and - knowing that I`d been longing for a decent sewing machine for a while - she bought one for me as soon as she got here. So here are the Xmas prezzie duvet covers that I made for ourselves with my brand new Argos sewing machine:

No comments:

Post a Comment