Saturday 27 August 2011

update - Saturday

The other day, if I`m honest, my excitement was a wee bit waning by 9 o`clock at night when I realised that it took me almost a whole day just to get prepared with everything.


As you can see, I have all my colours in symbol-coded plastic bags and with corresponding needles neatly stuck in my trusty square sponge; the pattern photocopied for crossing out the bits that I`ve done, plus I also have the original pattern in the magazine with magnetic frames to help me locate the area I`m working on... Yes, I do know that it`s borderline anal-retentive behaviour, but I just like to be well-organised, thank you very much. And anyway, I thought, you only have to set it up like this once, then you`re on a roll until you`ve crossed the last stitch on this picture... Problem is, I don`t know when that`ll be because by the time I finished with all the setting up and getting ready, this is how much I could actually stitch before I fell asleep on the first day:


Pretty daunting... Nevermind, at least two days ago I got a boost when I was forced to sit home all day long, waiting for the Sky-guy (you see, they said he`d come between 8 and 11 in the morning, so naturally, he turned up at 4.15 p.m.). Yesterday I was running around practically the whole day, shopping like mad, collecting stuff for this Arts Festival that`s ONLY 3 WEEKS AWAY (!), and today I was making up my little items from 7 in the morning till 5 p.m. when I took Gregory for a nice walk before dinner. Then, finally, I could spend a couple of hours on my lion, so now it looks like this:


Not that impressive yet, is it? Anyway, it`s time to have a few hours sleep, then tomorrow I`m going to battle again...

No comments:

Post a Comment